Fire up the grill — and your health! — with this delicious and nutritious summer recipe.
Summer Corn Salad (Serves 4)
- 6 ears freshly shucked corn (about 4.5 cups)
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
How to Make It:
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium; lightly oil the grate.
- Cook the corn on the preheated grill, turning occasionally until the corn is tender and specks of black appear, about 10 minutes. Set aside until just cool enough to handle. Slice the kernel off the cob and place in a bowl.
- Combine the warm kernels with the onion, red pepper, cilantro, garlic, olive oil and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper; toss until evenly mixed. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend before serving.
Spice-Rubbed Grilled Chicken Breast (Serves 4)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- parsley for garnish
How to Make It:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, lightly oil the grate. In a small bowl, mix spices and olive oil until combined. Rub mixture over both sides of chicken breasts.
- Place chicken on grill and cook on each side for 4-6 minutes depending on thickness. Chicken should just reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Allow chicken to rest for five minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Want to read more from White Plains Hospital? Find other useful news you can use on the Hospital’s blog home page.
You can also stay connected by signing-up for our e-newsletter!